2 November 2013

Whedonverse 8/12: When Buffy was a vampire, you weren't still, like, attracted to her, were you?

I guess it's no suprise that after spending two days basically just sleeping and not talking I did get a sudden inspiration to do something in the middle of the night. Facebook and twitter are filled with Halloween costumes, and the midnight energy just can't be used in anything really useful. So after way too long break, I did one of my whedonverse challenge costumes!

(I challenged myself to do 12 cosplays from Joss Whedon shows in 12 months. It's been like two years now and I'm still stuck with number 8, but slowly I'm getting there!)

Midnight make-up time!


This costume from Buffy's first season episode 10, Nightmares, has been on the back of my mind for three years, ever since I found that light blue jacket from flea market. It's not 100% accurate, but close enough! Finally I did the shirt a few weeks ago, the wig is Glory's wig that I straightened with just hot water.


Boring right? Just another Buffy. BUT Nightmares is a special episode, because in it you'll see Buffy as a vampire! So the whole idea I had was to do both versions of Buffy and test if I could do the vampire look.



I used Grimas Derma wax to do the mask. I did have my doubts when I stuck my fingers in to the wax for the first time in the middle of the night not really knowing what I was doing or if I'd lose my eyebrows along the way. Actors in Buffy don't have wax on their faces, but latex parts but I wanted to do use wax this time. Maybe next time I'll do the latex.


I'm really happy how it turned out! The teeth are from ebay, I modified them a bit to make them less pointy. Yellow contact lenses were essential to get the look, these are just cosmetic lenses, so I didn't see that well. Which I didn't really mind, because I looked scary as hell :D Taking pictures all alone in totally silent house during the night sure gave me the creeps.


I really really really wanna (zig-a-zig-ah) do other vampire looks too! Will it be Darla, Drusilla, Harmony or Wamp-Willow, we'll see! It was so much fun to do an ugly look for once, not having to worry about if I looked cute enough. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for other characters that have heavy make-up or masks, because I enjoyed doing this so much.


Ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

murheita, ideoita, ahdistuksen aiheita? antaapi kuulua vaan.